Friday, October 26, 2012

This blog: musings on motherhood


So we got pregnant. It was the longest 9 months ever.
Then we had her (in 4 hours!) Our beautiful daughter, perfect in every way.


When I got pregnant When I realized I was pregnant (at 8 weeks!!) everything changed for me. I really reflected on everything in my life as I became aware that life as I knew it, was about to completely change.
I went into hibernation just like a caterpillar in a cocoon. And when I came out of it - when I became a mom - I became this butterfly. Still the same as I was before, but accepting my new direction and just going for it.


Being a parent is the most important job I will ever have. I take the responsibility very seriously, but in a fun way! I'm excited to be a parent and to navigate through this amazing journey with our new family.
I have so much on my mind regarding this amazing new path that I'm going to use this blog as a vehicle for my thoughts on modern motherhood - with a range of topics including parenting, marriage, pregnancy, style, books, our multicultural family,  etc. 

Basically, my unsolicited advice on everything related to motherhood - y'know, because just because I had one child... I'm an expert and everything! :)


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. The last 2-3 days, all i have been doing is read every single entry in your blog. Finally reached the beginning. You write really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It has been a labor of love! :)

      Delete
  2. :) I have just started reading your blog. Somehow, found this place. Am going to read this completely. But must tell you, you guys look super sweet together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your entire blog in the 2\3 days i had come down with a bug.... You write so well and being a mom of two lovely boys i can relate to a lot of what you write....i am of indian origin living in UK for over 10 years and it is refreshing to read about Indian culture from a different perspective! My thoughts are exactly like yours- whereas i love indian food, clothes, festivals i totally dislike the patriarchal system, the supposed superiority of men over women, the excessive importance to age etc.... Terrific blog...well done... Keep writing.... You are truly amazing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend recommended one of your posts (on the indian MIL, everyone's favorite topic, ha!), and I ended up really liking your writing style and being a fly on the wall in your life. Thanks for sharing your life, I know it can be exciting and scary all at once, but I really look forward to your posts. I decided to start at the beginning and make my way through your blog, and glad to see the other comments here and know I'm not the only one who is hooked!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig