Friday, July 26, 2013

Getting my first hate letter

Well, it finally happened. After 7500+ pageviews this month, and countless wonderful fan letters...we got our first bad apple. I knew it was coming eventually, as there are lots of bullies on the internet who are just looking for their next target.

This is the first time and the last time I will address a hateful comment.

The comment is too vile and offensive to publish. It called me many profanities and many racist derogatory slurs. It said that I married my husband "for attention, sex, and money because your own men aren't good enough". Then it went on to say I deserved to die, blah, blah, blah....and some more derogatory slurs.

Wow. Classy. And who exactly is my own men? I married an Indian. He's a human being. We are of different cultures, not of different species. It's not really a big deal....but maybe for narrow-minded people it is.

I asked a fellow Whindian blogger about it and she said that they had all received it.

----------

Anyways, here is my response to this comment:

Dear "Anonymous" Internet Troll,

I married my husband for LOVE. He is the best thing that ever happened to me and he is the only person on this earth that was meant for me. I love him in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, 'til death do us part. I am grateful to have found him and even more lucky that we got the chance to start a family together.

At first when I read your comment, I burst out laughing. It was so shocking and ridiculous to hear that people like you are wandering around this Earth thinking like that. But then I started to pity you. You are just a miserable person and your comment exposes your own terrible reality - a racist, ignorant, narrow-minded person...who is trapped in a modern ever-changing world.

This isn't the first time that I've been called a derogatory slur by a stranger, and it probably won't be the last. There is nothing that you can say to me that will make me upset. I am an empowered woman, who is grateful every day because I have a strong man who walks beside me as my equal, I am an excellent mother, and I am fearless in expressing my voice through my writing and art. I am empowered by LOVE. If you read my blog then you know that and that is exactly what drives you crazy. I only hope that one day you will find a true love like this, and your hateful heart will have the opportunity to be blessed with love. Unfortunately, your hateful comments prove that this has not happened for you yet. I feel sorry for you and I will pray for you.

If you feel like making another hateful comment, have the balls to give your full name, telephone number, address, and workplace (if any!) so I can give it to the police for harassment and threats. They're on my speed dial.

There is a growing community of intercultural couples and we aren't going anywhere. WE ARE HERE TO STAY, and we are proud to be intercultural. As of 2010, 1 in 12 married couples in the U.S. were interracial. So you might as well go live in some remote place, along with no internet access if it bothers you that much.

Best Wishes,
Madh Mama

P.S. Don't ever visit my blog again.


------------

(Img via)

Moving along...

My comment moderation policy is that you can say anything that is not abusive or creepy. You can agree with me or disagree with me regarding the topics I post. The ones that I will not publish are the ones that are hateful. You can submit it, but don't waste your time...because it will be DELETED!

My blog is a place of LOVE and happiness. My blog is a creative outlet for me; as well as being a safe place/community for intercultural couples, any couples - married or dating, parents, artists, or anybody who can relate to me.

Cheers to being fearless and empowered, and only positivity going forth!!!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I think there's actually 3 different trolls that make the rounds. One promotes hatred for American women (it doesn't seem to matter not all of us are American LOL - real intelligence there), another is actually a girl who hates herself and others like her, and the third has just popped up recently. There's always a few around. Banning IP's is usually a good place to start when it comes to getting rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks for the heads up! The hate letter also said that my blog "attracts others like me"...well duh! So I think he's a little threatened by our little online community..lol! Anyways who cares...we ain't going anywhere.
      I have one IP already of a known offender, but if someone is really harassing you, please do pass it on!
      FYI - Love your blog :)I've been a fan for a long time

      Delete
  2. People like this try to make what we do miserable because they are miserable. I think you are smart to address it once, and leave it at that. Don't fan the fire and keep doing what you love. And you are obviously loved by many more people out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheryl,
      Yes they are so miserable and unbelievably jealous!!! I'm only going to address it once...I guess it like a right of passage of some sorts.
      All the wonderful fans totally outweigh and outshine that one mental patient's ramblings :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Madh Mama community,
    If any of my fellow bloggers are getting targeted by cyber bullies, please check out this excellent article:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jade-walker/cyberharassment-what-the-_b_3764868.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. All is fair in love and war(he/she is an IDIOT)

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig