Saturday, July 13, 2013

Marriage 101: appreciate your spouse

(Seattle sidewalk arts festival, 2011)

The other night before sleeping, I crawled into bed with my husband (I always make an effort to go to bed at the same time) and all of a sudden, I felt grateful for this man laying beside me.

Yes, I said all of a sudden. Because when you have kids, your life gets crazy busy. We hardly have any alone time together. We have to schedule date nights, in advance!!! The only alone time we have is after the baby goes to bed, and before she wakes up. 

We have always been on the same wavelength, wherein we don't have to communicate as much as other couples. It's not really our style. We have a very spiritual connection that is borderline telepathic. 

(Hubby and our baby, November 2012)

Lately, the baby has become my whole life (except for working on Saturdays - my vacation!), and sometimes I find myself nagging my husband and ordering him around because I have less patience...saying "No, she prefers, that toy", "She wants water now", etc.

So the other night, for no particular reason, I just simply told him, "You're the best thing in my life." And then I thought of all the ways he has made my life wonderful, such as being a good husband, and how without him, Maya wouldn't exist. And then I said, "You have made my life so much better."

And he was so happy.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig