Friday, July 19, 2013

Why I want to share my life


It's not a very Indian wife-y thing to do... to share my whole life like this. Everybody knows that any kind of Asians do NOT like to share their dirty laundry, or clean laundry...or anything to do with their personal lives. A lot of my fellow Whindian bloggers write anonymously, because they are living in India - for safety reasons. 

My life is an open book. I have no secrets. There is nothing that I'm afraid to talk about, about myself. (Of course when I'm talking about others, I try to keep anonymous). My husband, my parents, and my in-laws probably didn't sign up for this. I didn't get their permission. But they support me. In our big fat cross-cultural family, you either roll with us, or you don't.

I want to give an honest, day to day look at my whole life - being married to a (modern) Indian, interculturalism, raising our South Whindian daughter, marriage, the ups and downs of motherhood, parenting, Vancouver-ish stuff, our travels, my past...everything. This is what makes me ME, and it is my authentic self. If any of my stories, can help anybody else - make them happy, make them think, open their mind, or if they can relate to my topics...that's where it's all at.

So, no, I am not afraid. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Cool story. I am from USA and married 2 years ago to a Northern Indian. We have had our ups and downs as he is more traditional. It took me forever to get used to the traditional ways, Because it is his way or no way. He has slowly been learning for the four years we have been together. We do love each other and feel very connected. India is a big part of my life now, I would have never dreamt that would be my life growing up. Great story. And wobble on haha

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig