Sunday, October 6, 2013

A wonderful birthday


The day after I returned from the hospital, it was my birthday, my 28th birthday. My only birthday wish was to be at home with my family, and out of the hospital...so I felt lucky. I was still in recovery and feeling weak, so it was a quiet day. I really did not want any gifts at all - because the best gift is the gift of life, health, and being surrounded by loved ones. The best gift is to celebrate life...

That morning, husband-ji woke me up as Maya jumped on our bed. They both gave me big hugs. He surprised me with the most wonderful card and a beautiful bouquet of red roses. The roses were so beautiful, so grand, and smelled so sweet. Each bud so delicate and amazing. He was so happy that I was home. Madhavan always likes to surprise me, and I love it...him looking at me, so proud that he surprised me, with that twinkle in his eye...

Last year for our 7th anniversary I told him to stop getting me gifts - that the only gift I will accept is flowers. Luckily, he never forgot...and I think it is the most wonderful gesture. I don't know what it is about flowers, but it works like a charm with women (men, take note for your wives/girlfriends!)

In his card for my birthday, he said the most meaningful words, which was that I was a good wife and mother. That is my main mission on Earth - as simple as it may be - to be good to my loved ones. To love them as deep as they love me...that is my main goal, and whatever I accomplish other than that is just icing on the cake.

This past year, I had thought 28 seemed so old...until last week in the hospital. Now, I feel like it is so young... Even though I felt weak on my birthday, I felt alive. I felt better than the day before. I got out of the hospital. I survived. I felt hopeful...and grateful for each moment.

And so grateful that my love story with my beloved husband-ji is full steam ahead....
:)

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Belated Happy birthday Alexandra!!!
    28 is not old, you are just getting started. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much....totally just getting started, the best is yet to come! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday Alexandra! :D
    May you have countless more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Arvind! Love to you & your family, from us

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday and many happy returns ! (Padparadscha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday. And you're right, you are definitely still young...lovely flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Feeling younger than last year, but wiser ;)

      Delete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig