Sunday, December 29, 2013

Our Christmas celebrations

(Mum's Christmas tree - a real Pine tree spray-painted white!)

The biggest day of the year came and went, with so much joy & celebration! Even though we have a small family, Christmas has become quite the procession!

(Christmas Eve table)

On Christmas Eve, we visit friends during the day, and then we go over to my mum's house for a low-key dinner. 

(Christmas Eve dinner)

This year, my mum made a delicious salad, followed by her famous baked spicy pasta, and then we had gingerbread cake for dessert. After that, we opened our gifts under mum's tree.

(Christmas Day table)

Then, on Christmas day, we have Indian breakfast at our place (idly) and open the gifts under our tree. Then we watched movies all day, while Maya played with her new toys. For Christmas day dinner, we went back to my mum's house where she hosted a dinner for our relatives. Christmas day dinner is more fancy and over the top. My aunt made her famous "cheese ball" which was layered goat cheese with pesto, pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes. For dinner, we had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, roasted brussel sprouts, vegetarian baked stuffing, and my mum's famous Ontario-style mashed carrots and parsnips. Half of the menu was vegetarian, so husband-ji's family was very pleased! For dessert, we had pumpkin pie with whipped cream AND ice cream (from a delicious new ice cream company called Earnest)

(Christmas dinner, getting ready to eat!)

The gifts were a big hit this year! For the grandparents, I made a custom calendar of baby pictures from Minted - and for my inlaws' calendar I added all the relatives' birthdays and Indian holidays. For my MIL, I got her a bunch of James Patterson books, TOMS shoes, and Tocca travel size perfumes. My mum gave my MIL a bright orange suitcase with smart wheels. MIL's gift themes definitely reflected all her globe-trotting (constantly traveling between here, Jamaica, Switzerland and India!) Husband-ji got my FIL a new wardrobe with new shirts and shoes - one of the shirts he designed himself! My inlaws love Christmas season - with the delicious food, family gatherings, and gift-giving!

(This calendar was a big hit with the grandparents!)

(Sandhya loved her new suitcase!)

It was wonderful this year - and Maya loved all her toys! She loved her little tea set the most!

(Maya's favorite gift was a tea set from my cousin's wife!)

Celebrating Christmas all together was a perfect end, to a perfect year...

(Kiss from my baby)


SHARE:

2 comments

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig