Thursday, October 2, 2014

My 29th birthday celebrations


Yesterday was my 29th birthday and it was the most amazing day. Husband-ji took the day off work so we got to spend a beautiful day all together.


In the morning, we went for a nice long walk in the forest trails. Maya just loved it, as she loves to run around, like the wild thing that she is! I hadn't taken husband-ji and he really loved the greenery and the peacefulness. He felt very artistically inspired and took lots of photographs.


Then we went to one of my favorite lunch spots, Darcy's Cafe. It just opened in the Summer and it is a family friendly cafe. Husband-ji disappeared in the cafe and I thought he went to go to the bathroom. He came out suddenly with a huge bouquet of 29 long-stemmed red roses and a cake with candles. Of course, I started bawling and blubbering "you're the best husband!" I was so touched by his surprise, the thoughtfulness and attention to detail he put into everything.



Then, we left the cafe and he took a wrong turn (on purpose) and we ended up at my favorite beauty shop where he picked up an already-ordered gift of all my bubble bath that he noticed I ran out of! SWOON!!!!!! OMG HE NOTICED!!!! Serious attention to detail!


I had no idea he was going to surprise me so much since he has such an excellent poker face! I was so touched and now I feel extremely lovey-dovey... Overall, the day was super low-key and extra romantic...just the way I like it!

I had the best day spending it with my two most favorite people...my little girl and my dreamboat husband-ji....

SHARE:

19 comments

  1. Hi, I m a silent reader of your blog and I think this is perfect to introduce myself
    Wish u a belated happy birth day!!! U r one strong woman out there and I really admire u. Keep up the great work.U rock big time!!!
    Manisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Manisha!!!!!! xoxo
      Made my day :)

      Delete
  2. Aww your husband-ji is so sweet! Happy Birthday Alex! Wishing you a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... That was so sweet, i couldn't stop smiling throughout the entire post. Happy Brithday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too was totally surprised and sweetened! :)))))))))
      Thank you for the wishes hun

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Alex! What a lovely birthday celebration husband-ji planned. Flowers are just beautiful. Enjoy your day.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! Hope you are doing well :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday, Alexandra ! (Padparadscha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy birthday Alexandra! You look so pretty and Maya is such a cutie pie. :) it's such a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just found your blog and I LOVE it. I am dating a Tamil Indian and we have moved in together. I'm due to go to Pondicherry in November for his cousin's wedding and I have found it so useful reading your articles on how it's hard for family to accept you as a girlfriend cause that notion doesn't exist in India. I also get referred to as the friend! Please keep writing, I can't tell you how much more positive I feel about the trip and how with patience and time things will get easier.

    And a big happy birthday to you, looks like you had a fab day!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, Pondicherry is a very special place. The heritage part of town, Auroville and the ashram attract a lot of foreign tourists meanwhile Indian tourists come for the cheap booze and fine restaurants (meaning you can sneak out for a beer lol). It's a great town and I'm sure you'll have a lovely time ! (Padparadscha)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Jen! I am so glad that you like it and that you can relate. Thanks for the wishes :))

      Delete
  8. Eeeeeeeeee I am so happy you had an amazing birthday!!! Your husband is just too cute!!
    Happy birthday again!! <3 <3 <3

    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! Happy Birthday to you too, Libra!

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday Dear and so glad that you had a great day !!!

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig