Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Our Diwali 2014


For our Diwali this year, we celebrated it quietly at home as we cannot have a big celebration in the year after thatha's death.

I dressed Maya all up in a mini lehenga choli, which she smiled for one picture and then wanted to take it off! Ha! I dressed all up in my lime green silk saree from my Hyderabad hotspot, Nalli Silks.


Husband-ji cooked a nice dinner of Aloo Mutter and Tomato Dal. Then, we lit a few simple candles which burned through the night. Diwali is often called "the festival of lights" and diya's must be lit as a celebration of the victory of good over evil.


During the day, I went to see the Dalai Lama (more on that tomorrow...) and in the evening, we spent it together as a family. Husband-ji didn't want to get in the picture because he was sweating from cooking...ha ha!


Happy Diwali, dear readers! What did you do for Diwali?


SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Nice! We have cousins there and visit often.

      Delete
  2. That's such a lovely saree colour..! You look lovely too! Happy Diwali to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Diwali to you and family! Love your saree and I love Maya's lengha choli, very pretty!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Alexandra, happy Diwali to you and your family!
    It's the first time that I comment but I am reading your blog since 3 monts, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Diwali :) Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  5. Mother-daughter duo look fabulous!! Belated wishes for diwali.. Take care :)
    Manisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Argh.. Second time my comment went missing!

    Maya sounds like me when I was young. I used to create a fuss when I was made to wear traditional clothes ha ha. I love your sari!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha totally! She likes it on me but not on her...LOL. Too much fuss, I guess...

      Delete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig