Sunday, October 5, 2014

Wishes for my 29th year


This year I had a wonderful birthday celebration and have celebrated another year of good health, which I am so grateful for. 

My 28th year began just being discharged from the hospital after surviving a very deadly strain of bacterial meningitis. My brain felt all messed up, and I couldn't read any of my beloved books, and I had trouble talking and getting my thoughts across for months afterwards. I had to accept help to take care of my own child, which was both humiliating, humbling and a relief for me at the time.

This year had really been a year of learning how to take care of myself whilst balancing all of my responsibilities. I learned that I can't be supermom all the time, and that it's okay to ask for help and also to receive it. We just tried out a babysitter this week for the first time, and she was incredible. She was so gentle with Maya, and Maya took to her right away. It really was a relief to find someone outside of our family who can help us on a regular basis and has a great rapport with our daughter. It makes me feel comfortable for the future, and also to grow our family. As of now, the babysitter is only coming on one afternoon per week, which gives me just enough time to do what I need to do, and gives my daughter enough time to get used to someone else before she goes to school in the New Year.

I remember leaving the hospital last year and thinking of all the things that I wanted to do in life. And finally, after a year, those dreams are starting to get focused and a few have started to come into fruition, like little flower-buds that slowly spring up from the Earth. I am learning how to balance my life as a doting mother, and as a passionate goal-oriented woman. I am finding little ways to do both and prioritize everything. 

Before I became a parent, I assumed that being a mother would be the end-all-be-all for me. And it is in many ways - it will always be my most important job. I cherish the moments I get to spend with my daughter - I basically squeeze in work around my mom-schedule. Sometimes I think children spiritually pick their parents - to teach them something. They are gifts to us - we can learn from them in each and every way. I got a daughter who is a major daredevil and is so fearless about everything - I want to be like that!!! I remember when she was a little baby, and at the time she was taking 2 naps per day. I got tired of doing the dishes and/or watching TV when she was napping. I wanted to express myself and my thoughts, so I started a blog. And the rest is history....

I previously wrote about a recent negative domino effect, but this past week was an extremely positive week wherein so many opportunities suddenly came up out of the blue. It really was like the stars were aligning again and it gave me a really good feeling about this upcoming year. The wheel of fortune turns, once again! Woo hoo!


Coming into my 29th year, I have a lot of wishes for myself....

- Be around people who are positive and encourage my personal growth and success (people who are rooting for me)
- Stay focused on my life goals
- Invest in myself - spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally
- Spend quality (over quantity) time with my loved ones
- Be more patient and gentle with my life partner, husband-ji
- Don't doubt myself or my capabilities, don't sell myself short
- Learn how to set boundaries with people or situations that are not positively serving me
- Take regular relaxation and recharging breaks to balance my energy levels out

Cheers to a brand new year!

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I am soooo happy you have returned to health!! Phew, these health scares really put life into perspective (when my husband was in hospital I realised how short life could possibly be).

    I know that you can reach your goals!!!! I can just feel it!!! Anything is possible!!

    Lots of love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, it makes us even more motivated! xo

      Delete
  2. I'm happy you found a good baby-sitter. I like your idea that children spiritually pick their parents. <3 (Padparadscha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a relief! And yes, I really think they do....my daughter has taught me a lot, and she is still so little!

      Delete
  3. @Alexandra

    Many happy returns of the day, god bless you and your familly.

    Here I am sending you a beautiful movie starring Amitabh Bhachan and Jaya Baduri (real life wife of Amitabh) in a movie which depicts the ill effects of male ego. Beautiful acting and music. The film tells the story of a famous singer who becomes jealous of his wife, who proves to be a more talented singer than him and becomes more famous, and how jealousy creates problems in their otherwise loving relationship. The film basically shows what happens when a women becomes more successful than her husband. I do hope you will be able to follow Hindi because the language of the movie is different from today's movies which has a mix of hindi and english.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBhs0DBcDYs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what an amazing film. Thank you for sharing..

      Delete
  4. Many many Happy returns of the day fellow Blogger.
    May god bless you with Strength, Health, Happiness & Success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best Wishes, and hope all your wishes should be fulfilled this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig