Friday, November 14, 2014

My artwork - Hindu God series

In my early days of discovering husband-ji's culture and getting to know more of Hinduism, I was heavily influenced by (Hindu) religious art work. I love to read the epic myths of the Mahabharata & the Upanishads, but even more than that - I love the visual depictions of these tales.

During this time of in between trips to India, I had developed an obsession for Hindu iconography, which I did a series of in one of my final painting classes. One of the things I was inspired by was husband-ji's thatha painted one of these every single day. So, I in turn was inspired.... 

I explored doing miniature portraits of Hindu Gods, which turned out to be quite a difficult project. I had never done something so incredibly detailed before and it made me have an even greater respect for such artists.

As always, seeing Maya do her artwork has been a big inspiration for me, so much so that I hope to continue to do more illustrations after the New Year.

Here is some from my series:

Ganesh

Kali

Maharaja

Krishna & the Snake

Prayer to Shiva

These are currently available for sale on my Society6 page as art prints, stationary cards, and smartphone covers.

-----

Dear readers, which one is your favorite?

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I'm partial to Kali, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very nice! I'm impressed - it looks traditional, as if I would see it painted on a wall in some temple. So mesmerizing! I didn't know you were an artist. I'm so impressed. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun! :) I'd like to do some more in the New Year...

      Delete
  3. Hi, Amanda, its mind blowing, it looks very traditional, yet so modern, love especially the Maharaja without jewels. I can imagine a Maharaja only with jewels and silks, refreshing to see a new look. All the best for your future works :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely paintings! Paint more. Paint more. I liked the Ganesha one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! Yes, I'm going to work on some more in the New Year :)

      Delete
  6. Wow!!!! How beautiful! You really are talented, please paint and share more..

    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ganesha is so simple and perfect. However, I loved everything else too! These are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig