Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year in review


2014 was a big year for us with lots of ups and downs....


This year was definitely the year of traveling, as we went on many vacations, big and small. We traveled to Seattle twice, to Italy, the Okanagan, and ended the year by spending a month in India (pictures coming soon). And ALL of our trips were joint-family vacations! It was really fun to spend time together as a group, away from home. I can't believe I was even questioning whether or not we should travel with a toddler - OF COURSE we should and why the hell not?!?!


Last year at this time I was just finishing a 6 week recovery from surviving meningitis, and I was trying to set new goals for myself and my newly recovered energy. However, in retrospect, I set too many goals too soon and just ended up stressing myself out. It wasn't until mid-year that I realized that I don't have to do everything ALL at once.


Another thing I did this year was that I tried to let go of my perfectionist tendencies. This idea in my head that I have to be the perfect wife, mother, and person is setting myself up for failure. Once I relaxed my expectations of myself by genuinely believing that I AM good enough, I was a lot happier.


This year I also finally buckled down with getting a good babysitter who I can call so that husband-ji and I can go out on date nights. It took me yet another Summer breakdown to finally jump in and trust someone else with my child. And after I did it, I felt silly for waiting so long! I am currently getting the babysitter to come one evening per week so husband-ji and I can go out for dinner and a movie - and it feels so great. Like a teenager in love, I look forward to our date night all week!


I also experimented in the kitchen quite a bit by perfecting new recipes, which have now become my regulars.


We finished the year with finally getting Maya potty trained, which took me an entire year to do because I wasn't consistent with it. When we were in India, she told me every single time she peed, so when we got back home I just decided to jump in and take the diapers off. What other mothers say about just taking the diapers off - it really does work!


Of course, I had my failures too, like I didn't really lose any weight, which I am kind of okay with. But there's always next year, right?


Dear readers, have a Happy New Year and a fabulous 2015!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I wish a very happy and healthy New Year to you and your family ! (Padparadscha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look adorable in the last photo! :)

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig