Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 resolutions


We never celebrate New Years (because as parents our bedtime is like 8pm!!!) but I always love the chance to set my New Years resolutions. I think it's important to set goals of things you'd like to accomplish so that you can continually strive to be a better self.

This year, my resolutions are more simplified than they were last year. It's kind of hard to set resolutions this year because Maya is starting preschool soon - so basically the whole year is divided into B.S. (before school) and A.S. (after school). And honestly, I am kind of facing a little crisis. I'm not even sure what I'll do for my 3 baby-free hours a day, but I really want to make it count. I don't want to twiddle my thumbs and spend it doing cooking or something! Until she starts her first day, I really can't imagine how I will manage that time. It's all quite exciting actually - for her and for me!

I don't think we will be doing as much traveling this year, as we are going to be on a school schedule, we can only travel during her breaks. And also we have a lot of new big projects going on here which I'll fill you guys in on later. We may travel within North America, but I doubt we will be going very far or for very long.

So, with all the changes we have coming up, my resolutions are simplified....and definitely attainable. I also bought a 365 page journal and I put my resolutions on the first page so that I don't forget about them!

2015 resolutions

- Eat healthy. The main reason I wasn't able to lose weight last year is that just I ate too much! I was doing great with fitness but forgot to control my appetite. I want to consciously eat more whole foods - all year round. I also want to count my calories and fit more greens in.

- Do something creative every day. Whether it is writing, or painting, or photography.

- Spend quality (over quantity) time with loved ones. I'm not going to have my daughter with me all day anymore, so I would really like to be consciously present in the moments I do have with her. Also, last year being on vacation with husband-ji and unplugging from the world made me really concentrate on him and improve our marriage. I want to keep doing that, and keep falling in love with him...all over again.

- Switch off all electronics after 8pm. As soon as my daughter goes to bed, the computer is off. But I have to work on also not checking my mobile phone because I will get sucked into it and end up on it for hours. Evenings need to be simple.

- De-clutter my home. Keep editing my home so that we only have the things that serve us.

- Do one good deed per day. (Inspired by here) Whether it is writing back to one of my readers, or dropping off clothes at the Salvation Army, or giving food to a homeless person, I would really like to make a difference in someone's life however small that may be. 

-------

Dear readers, what are your 2015 resolutions?


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family :) I am a regular reader of your blog and check in almost daily to read a new post or revisit an old one. I see that one of your goals is eat healthy and to incorporate more whole foods. There is this blog that I really like. Its called 100 days of real food. The blog talks about cutting processed food from our daily lives and to eat more real food instead.Lots of tips about shopping healthy from different commercial stores and on a budget, what ingredients to be wary of, healthy school lunch options etc. I am vegetarian and the blog has lots of options for me too. Here is the link in case you wanna have a look: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/.
    Wishing you a wonderful 2015!
    Greeshma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It looks amazing! I have put it on my read-list!
      Happy 2015!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year!
    You are going to enjoy these 3 hours of alone time, trust me, been there. You wonder how you can fill that time, then you get used to having that breather in the day to re energise yourself, and then the shock comes during school holidays when you are again on duty the whole day long.
    As much as Ie my daughter, I need to have some Me time to be a better person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally feel you there! I am nervous and excited! My friend said all she did was sleep the first week....hahaha!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Alex,

    What a gorgeous picture of you! Good luck with your New Year resolution, you have got a good start by sitting down and putting your pen to paper.

    Sounds like you will have 3 hours of time to do things alone.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm really looking forward to it! In 3 hours I can get so much accomplished!

      Delete
  4. Discovered you blog today and just loved the content! I can relate with your resolutions. I too believe in simplifying life. De-cluttering life and house is an ongoing task. Your bookshelf has interesting books. Will be visiting your blog to read more. Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)
      I have read somewhere that your house/space reflects the state of your mind, so if your house is cluttered and chaotic then so is your mind. So far I have donated 2 bags of crap to charity and it feels great. We live in 1000sqft so de-cluttering is a must!

      Delete
  5. Def agree with decluttering! I'm listing everything on ebay, gets rid of the junk and makes some extra cash - win win! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! I listed a bunch of things the last time we moved on craigslist and we made enough to buy a new bed! It was amazing. This time I just want to get rid of stuff so I am just donating to charity.

      Delete
  6. Love your resolutions :) especially the one re good deeds on a daily basis.
    I can't believe Maya is starting school soon - my own lil one is almost ready. As a mom this is a scary as well as exciting time, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I think that is a really good one. It makes me feel good. I have been purchasing food for the homeless when I see one and also donating things to charity, but I need to do more good deeds and get more creative about it.
      I am so nervous and excited!!!!! It's a brand new world....OMG! The kids are so grown, time just flies!!

      Delete
  7. Good luck with your goals! Happy New Year ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunny! Happy new year to you too!

      Delete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig