Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Our 9 year anniversary

Our 9 year anniversary was on January 3rd and it was quite an emotional day for me. Along with so many changes coming up this year with Maya going to school, this month is my grandmother's death anniversary so I have been in a sensitive mood lately. Also, to me, 9 years is a big one. We are almost nearing a decade now, and I just couldn't imagine my life without dear husband-ji.

I woke up that day feeling like the 9 years just went by so fast - thinking back on all our experiences together in awe. When we met, we were just kids...although it didn't feel like it back then. I felt thankful to be sharing my life with him, as my constant companion through thick and thin. I woke up that day feeling amazed, and so, so grateful.

Husband-ji went out to walk the dog in the morning and came back with a beautiful white orchid, a handwritten card, and some bath products which were just delicious. I was organizing my closet and Maya went out to greet him and said, "Look mommy, flowers!" and I smiled instantly. My favorite part of it was the handwritten card, of course. I turned into a blubbering idiot.


We went out for lunch as a family, and in the evening I got the babysitter to come after Maya was asleep, and we went out again for dinner and a movie. We went to go see "The Theory of Everything", which I (again) turned into a blubbering mess.

I didn't get anything for husband-ji, but I did write him a beautiful note. I attached a picture of us from our first year together - of us in Munnar, Kerala. Funny looking at it now and seeing how young we were back then.


I wrote to him,


"9 years...

Remember when we drove from the bottom of Kerala to the top? That was the most romantic trip of my life. Remember after our first movie together, how I felt cold and you took off your leather jacket and you put it around me? Until that point that was the most romantic thing anyone ever did for me. Remember our long walks on Tybee beach under the moonlight? I was dying for you to kiss me then. Remember taking that speedboat around the Hussein Sagar lake at sunset? I saw your world then. Remember seeing every single movie that was playing at the AMC theatre in Times Square in New York? Those were the best dates. Remember when we drove across the USA with that big truck and you saw snow for the first time? It was priceless to see your face. Remember when we found out we were pregnant with Maya? It was priceless to see your face then too. Remember at our wedding, how you cried first? That made me cry even more. 

I can't even pick out a most joyous memory that I've shared with you - there are just too many. I can't believe it's been 9 years since we met. All the years just flew by so fast...

I'm so glad I chose you. Falling in love with you - every single day - has been the best thing I ever did. Thank God for you. I love you...

A+ M
Est. Jan.3rd, 2006"

And it's true, I made a choice to be with him - because love is a choice. And really, that was the best decision I ever made. It was life changing. Whenever you truly follow your heart, it's always the right decision. I'm proud of all the things we've done together. I'm proud that we have almost made it to a decade, and I can't wait to see what the next years bring us. Hey, maybe on our 60th anniversary I'll be thinking of myself now - thinking that we were just kids back then!

-----

Read the story of how we met here:
....and more coming soon!

SHARE:

26 comments

  1. Congratulations on 9 years! This post made me smile so much. Here's to many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, Husband-Ji

    Happy 9th Wedding Anniversary! Wow, time really flies by too fast. May you both be as happy on your 50th Anniversary, as you are today. Enjoy every second, I just celebrated our 26th anniversary with my hubby. Still in Love..............

    Congratulations,

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melissa! Wow, 26 years......you're an inspiration!!!!!!!!! <3

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, our Ninth anniversary is in February. How time flies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! Happy anniversary to you guys too!!!!

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I simply love reading your love stories, your Jab We Met stories.. To many more years to come! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) More Jab we met coming soon....

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your anniversary ! This is some lovely presents your hubby gave you, so cute ! (Padparadscha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pad, I just loved them! Felt spoiled like a teenage girl in looooove ;)

      Delete
  6. Congrats!! And my best wishes for many more years to come.. You both make a lovely couple.. Stay blessed!!

    Manisha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! I have a question: what date in time does January 3rd, 2006 represent?.. the day you met? the first time you kissed? the first time you told each other "i love you"?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, your blog has won NEPALIAUSTRALIAN’s Blog Award 2014. Please click the link below for details.
    http://nepaliaustralian.com/2015/01/08/nepaliaustralians-blog-award-2014-winners-announced/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled and SO SO SO honored! It made my day!!!!

      Delete
  9. Such a lovely post! I was so grateful to find your blog. As an American dating an Indian man, I've had a hard time finding other people with similar experiences. I can't wait to read more =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Woo hoo masala couples! Where is your partner from?

      Delete
  10. Great post and lovely photos. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, fellow Canadian :)

      Delete
  11. Aww! So happy for you guys! I am smiling and crying at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was too the whole day!

      Delete
  12. Wishing you a happy anniversary! It's so wonderful knowing you've had such a wonderful man to spend those 9 years with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn.....it has been an incredible journey!

      Delete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig