Wednesday, April 8, 2015

New things in the Shop


After re-starting my online shop, my mum had suggested that I use Maya as a model and take pictures of her in my kids' t-shirts that I designed - which was a really great idea! 


So, I had Maya come down to my office and run back and forth, and it was so much fun! She is just the best model ever! Kinda comes in handy to have a global supermodel daughter! Ha ha!


I started my t-shirt series thinking that it would be just for kids, but then I got a bunch of requests from masala couple friends to make them for adults too. So I thought, what the heck, why not? Luckily, husband-ji was a really good sport and came down to model it for me. Along with Maya, they looked fabulous in their outfits! The shirt also complemented his massive super-hot tattoos!


Seeing my daughter and husband wearing my designs made me feel such a sense of pride and accomplishment. I never thought a simple painting could be made into so many different things. Now I understand my mum's pride when she sees people wearing the clothing she designs (she is in the fashion industry). Really, the possibilities are endless!


I also made these fabulous 18"x18" cushion covers, which is what I'm most excited about. We made the Ganesh design into two different colors - hot pink and peach. These are perfect for the home, or in the pooja room.


Husband-ji also helped me design this beautiful packaging to go with it - custom Madh Mama tags and stickers. He also designed a card with a description of the respective God inside, in case my customers are unfamiliar with Hinduism. Kinda handy to have a husband who is versed in Graphic Design!


This whole project has really fell into my lap. A few weeks ago, I would have never imagined that my personal artwork could be made into things that people would actually buy. When husband-ji came up with the idea, I was surprised at how great it turned out...and the rest is history! With my daughter modeling for me, and husband-ji helping out with the production, and me designing - it is thoroughly a family affair!

Click HERE to see my Etsy shop!

-----

Dear readers, which are your favorites?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. They are all great :) That Madh mama tag is super cute. I agree that the description for each painting is very useful. FabIndia does it for their clothes describing the print and where it originated from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would make nice tote bags too. I would definitely carry one of those proudly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog since a couple of months and I so want to comment on this post. :-)

    They are all so good :-) The second picture in which Maya looks excited is very cute :-* All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexandra, you are going to bankrupt me! :-)

    Raina.

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig