Sunday, February 7, 2016

My February Reading List



This year I set a goal for myself to read 50 books, which means I should try to read one book per week. In the evenings after my daughter goes to sleep, I really love reading for hours on end and getting lost in a good book. It is one of my favorite ways to relax and unwind.

Here's a look at what I'm reading this month:

Karma Gone Bad: How I Learned to Love Mangos, Bollywood and Water Buffalo
I have been reading so many memoirs lately! This is one I found in a local travel bookstore and I was intrigued because it is based in Hyderabad. I'm about halfway through this one and her observations are pretty hilarious. It sounds like she was in Hyderabad when I was there 10 years ago. Of course, now it is completely different there.

The Right to Write: An Invitation and Initiation into the Writing Life
Since writing has become a part of my daily life, I'm always interested to read books about the craft of writing. Of course Julia Cameron is famous for the brilliant The Artist's Way (a bible for all creatives) so I thought I'd give this book a try.

The Japanese Lover
I gave this book to my mum for a Christmas gift and she raved about it, so I definitely have to read it. I am so intrigued about Japanese culture, after reading The Good Shufu last year, and also after reading Tara & Yohei's love story.

The Lives of Others
I am always on the lookout for books by Indian authors, so this is my latest pick. This book was shortlisted for the Man Booker prize, so it must be good. It does seem to be quite thick though! I hope I can finish it this month!

-------

Have you read any of these books?
What's on your current reading list?

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Right now I'm reading a lot of social science, and short stories by Tamil woman writer Ambai, which I enjoy a lot - Pad.

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig