Monday, October 3, 2016

Expecting Baby #2!


We are thrilled to announce that we are expecting Baby #2!!!

I'm sure some of you might have noticed my lack of posts this Summer & wondered why. I got several concerned emails from regular readers who noticed that I nearly dropped off the face of the Earth! Usually when I get pregnant, I really like to slow it down, take it easy, and just focus on day-to-day life and not push myself too much. Between the pregnancy, and handling my very active Maya, I have had my hands full! I have hardly had a chance to sit down at the computer, as I'm fully focusing on family right now - enjoying the last few months of Maya as my only child, and growing this little baby inside me.

We wanted this baby for so long. It took nearly two years to conceive, which was emotionally draining for us. We got to a point where we gave up trying, and only then did I get pregnant! The spirit of this child has been with me for a very long time and I am so grateful that it is ready to join our little family. I am so thrilled about having the chance to be a mom again to an additional little being. In hindsight, the timing turned out perfectly. My in-law's got their PR so I have extra support and companionship; our building construction is underway and should be completed by the time our baby is 3 months old; and Maya is old enough that she's so excited to be a big sister and a helper. It was totally worth the wait!

So far, my pregnancy has been much easier than my first. I only had a few weeks of nausea. I had a LOT of fatigue over the Summer and I found it very difficult to handle the heat. My cravings have been all over the place - not one specific thing - but I have a huge aversion to rice so I've had to completely cut it out of my diet which actually makes me feel a lot lighter. I have had recurrent back pain and sore feet so I am splurging by going for regular chiropractic care and foot massages once weekly. Other than that, I feel completely normal and I often forget that I'm pregnant...until the baby kicks, of course! This pregnancy has a completely different personality than my first, and I'm sure the baby will too!

Do you guys have any predictions - do you think we're having a boy or a girl?

SHARE:

29 comments

  1. Congratulations Alexandra and hugs to you and your entire family :)
    I have been looking forward to your post for a long time. I am so happy for you. Take things slowly and enjoy your pregnancy. I guess its a boy. They give more trouble than the girls - thats as per my Mom :D Anyways, boy or girl I wish you a healthy and happy baby.
    Lots of love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! How wonderful!!!! Congratulations to all :-) I wondered if something was up! I know you've had a tough time, so this news makes my day. Thank you so much for sharing with us, Alexandra. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you and Husband-ji and Grandma and Grandpa! Congratulations, hope you feel great. Maya will just love her new brother or sister!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg that's so exciting! Congratulations! Wishing you a happy pregnancy and safe and easy birth!

    Enjoy the family time, it really is the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS <3 I am over the moon!!
    Yippee <3
    I cannot wait to hear more xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!
    Manisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Alex! Yea I did notice you weren't posting as much - I was getting worried for a sec, I thought you had stopped caring. I thought, 'well, she had such a good thing going, oh well - people have such short attention spans these days, such a shame.' Haha - but now I see why you weren't posting as much! This is great news for you, as you have been waiting a long time! Enjoy this pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations again. So worth the wait. And yes I think it's a boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alexandra, so, so happy for all of you! Congratulations and relax and enjoy this time.

    Raina.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing news, congrats!!! Funny how things work out better than we can imagine sometimes! I think you are having another little girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulation dear...

    www.momknows.in

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you. Looking forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heartiest congratulation to you and your family! Best wishes for safe & healthy pregnancy!!
    I am a long time silent reader, immensely enjoy your writing style and all your stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Predictions: boy!.... no ... girl!!! ..... no ... boy!!!... who cares! Congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Alexandra! I'm so happy for you! Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the news and a little sibling for Maya to play with

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations ! - Pad

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!!! Enjoy your pregnancy and wishing you and your family all the very best. I hope Maya gets a little sister but who cares, at the end of the day as long as mum and bub are healthy gender doens't matter a jot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Alex! Missed all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!!! I have 2 and be prepared it is hard and first but you will get used to it and you have plenty of help
    I'm sure grandpa and grandma can help out with maya!!! Well done and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!
    Aboli

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Alexandra! God bless you and i wish you a lot of health and great time!
    I just finally finished read all your blog :D I love it, i like your posts because you are intelligent and funny and your posts are always interesting. And of course im also in interracial relationship (we are getting married in several weeks) so its good to read about another whindian couples!
    Have a nice day!
    All the best,
    Justyna :)

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig