Wednesday, October 26, 2016

My Birthday Celebrations

This month I turned 31 years old and I had a really low key birthday. Being pregnant and lazy, I didn't really feel like doing much. When you're a mom, you plan these elaborate birthday parties for your kids, but somehow your own doesn't seem like such a big deal. I am in my thirties now which means I'm totally boring!

I spent the morning taking Maya to her extracurricular activities, going to the market to buy all the produce for the week, and then came back home and took a nap. I couldn't be bothered to even put on make-up and I was parked on the couch like a beached whale. Husband-ji took off work early and came home with a beautiful bouquet of red roses - 31 of them!!! His birthday tradition for me, which is always so thoughtful and detailed.


This year my parents were in town and my mum wanted to do something special for me, so I asked her to cook a traditional roast turkey dinner that I was craving. The meal was so delicious!

(A traditional Canadian turkey dinner - carrot/turnip mash, peas, red cabbage/brussels sprouts salad, cranberry sauce, roast turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy!)

I was still sick of eating cake because we ate soooooo much of it that was leftover from Maya's birthday in June - we literally ate cake for months! So instead of a cake, I opted for a lovely Apple Pie and we just stuck the candles on top. The best part of it was that Maya sang the Happy Birthday song to me, which made my heart melt!


The month of October is really my favorite part of the year (other than Christmas)! It started with my birthday, then we had Canadian Thanksgiving, we watched the weather cool down and the beautiful Fall colors...and now we have Diwali and Halloween coming up!

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Happy Belated 31st Birthday Alex,

    So happy for you and Husband-Ji on your pregnancy. Happy Birthday and hoping your feel better soon. Love your red roses, they are very romantic. Here is to you dear, happy healthy new year and to your beautiful family.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and Hearty Wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig