Thursday, June 8, 2017

Veda: 4 months old!


I can't believe my little muffin is already 4 months old. It has just gone by so fast, and it makes me a little teary-eyed. Both me and Maya wish she would stay a baby forever!

A lot have changes have taken place, more than usual.

First, Veda rolled over. This was arguably her first big milestone! The day after she turned 4 months old, she got up in the morning and she decided to roll over. And then she did it again and again and again, and fussed when she couldn't roll back. She did it for about an hour and then got tired and was ready for a nap after all that exercise! She is now looking at the world from a different angle and she likes it. She prefers to be on her tummy all the time, rather than her back. She is ready to get going places, this girl!

Now she is waking up a bit at night because she rolls over in her sleep and fusses because she can't roll back. I also think she's going through a growth spurt again.

Under the advice of our doctor, we also started her on some solids due to her hefty size and good neck control. It's hardly what you could call solids, since it's so watered down with breast milk. It's more like flavored breast milk! Feeding her solids with a spoon was so exciting. She really enjoyed it and she was very happily pleased that we fed her something extra. Maya also helped feed her and it was all very fun. She was much easier with the spoon than she has been in attempting to give her a bottle. She still refuses to take a bottle or a pacifier at all!

It's been really hard to go out anywhere or do anything because I never know when she will get tired or hungry. I have hardly taken her out that much and been mostly home-bound. We did take her for her first trip to the beach and we had so much fun! It was great to go somewhere as a family, rather than doing stuff with the kids separately. I only try to avoid taking her out too much because I get tired easily, and I don't really like to breastfeed in public. I really like to lay down in my bed and breastfeed her so I can also get some rest too and fall asleep beside her. My mother-in-law says all the Indian ladies do this!

She's beginning to establish what seems to be a more steady routine. She has 2 waking hours, followed by 60-90 minute naps. The last nap of the day is usually only about 45 minutes or so. In total, she has 2-3 naps. I love lying down beside her and watching her sleep, or reading, or sleeping myself next to her. When she wakes up in the morning then I can vaguely plan my day. I try to avoid making any plans because I don't know what the timings will be on any given day! Sometimes she likes to sleep in the car seat, so I can time going out with her naps. She does not like being taken out when she is awake. She gets a little grumpy because she prefers to explore on her new tummy position!

Whenever we do go out, everyone always comments on her hair. "That hair!!!" they say. It has indeed gotten even longer now...it seems to be growing like a Chia Pet!

She loves to hear any news programme on the radio or TV. She gets very animated and excited. We have been watching CNN in the mornings to see all the latest daily Trump scandals, and Veda absolutely loves it...with her grumpy self! I bet she will be some kind of lawyer or social activist or something.

We also had to go to Ikea to buy a crib for her, since she was too tall for her bassinet. The crib is in our bedroom, but it's a bit farther from our bed which gives her a sense of her own space. One side of the room is our bed, and the other side is her nursery.

Until next month....!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Alex,

    Veda is so adorable, she really has grown a lot in months. She has her own routine already established, that's amazing! Such excitement to see her. Thanks for sharing.

    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig